Welcome. Use links below to access basic information about our diocese.
Diocesan Designated Liaison Person
Mr Mick Daly
c/o Bishops House, Dublin Road, Carlow
Deputy Designated Liaison Person
Fr. Michéal Murphy PP
Mountmellick, Co. Laois
Diocesan Safeguarding Co-ordinator
Ms. Michelle Hughes
c/o Bishop’s House, Carlow
National Office for Safeguarding Children
All Church organisations and personnel can access specialist advice about child protection issues through the National Office and contact the National Board.
National Office for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland (NBSCCC)
Saint Patrick’s College
Tel: 01 505 3124
Fax: 01 505 3026
Safeguarding Policies and Resources
Our policies, procedures and forms which can downloaded for your own convenience.
- Kildare & Leighlin Child Safeguarding Statement March 2018
For the procedures to implement the child safeguarding policy, the Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin follow the guidance of the National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland available here.
- Kildare & Leighlin Child Safeguarding Policy February 2017
- Safeguarding Children Policy, Standards for the Catholic Church in Ireland 2016
- Vulnerable Adults Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions