Welcome. Use links below to access basic information about our diocese.
NEW BOARDS OF MANAGEMENT 2019-2023
For information on New Boards of Management for the term 2019-2023 please follow this link.
BOARDS OF MANAGEMENT
The appointment of a new Chairperson of a Board of Management is only made after consultation with the Patron. The Patron is then responsible for informing the DES of the change. It is very important that the appropriate form is completed and returned as soon as the Patron has agreed to the appointment of a new Chairperson.
Recruitment during COVID 19 Useful Resources
In relation to interviewing during the Covid-19 pandemic, a number of additional resources have been added to the CPSMA website.
For remote interviews:
- CPSMA Guidance Note in relation to conducting interviews using Video-Conferencing Technology
- CPSMA Template Letter of invitation to Online Interview
- Interview Board Member’s Checklist for Remote Interview
- Candidate’s Checklist for Remote Interview
For face to face interviews:
- CPSMA Guidance Note on holding face to face interviews during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- CPSMA Template Letter of invitation to Face to Face interview (Teacher) during Covid-19 Pandemic
- Teimpléad de Litir d’Agallaimh Aghaidh ar Aghaidh – Leagan Gaeilge Táimid an bhuíoch d’Aingeal Uí Dálaigh a rinne aistriucháin ar an litir seo dúinn.
- Covid-19 Interview Participation form
Leadership and Management Appointments
The List of Independent Assessors for Leadership & Management Appointments has been agreed between the Patron and INTO as per C63/17 and 6.3 of the most current Circular 44/19. The relevant chapters of 44/19 are available below and should be consulted before the appointments of API; APII, and Deputy Principal. This list has been circulated to schools and is available from Maeve on request.
Please use the forms below when requesting Patron Approval for the Selection Panel and for the approval of all teacher appointments of 24 weeks or more.
It is important to use one form for each named teacher whose appointment approval is being sought. This is to facilitate the placing of these forms in each teacher employment record file. Procedures for the recruitment and appointment of teachers can be found in Chapter 2 of Circular 44/19.
Please note that all teachers appointed to teach in our schools must hold a recognised qualification to teach Religious Education available here. A list of recognised qualifications is available here. If a teacher on the Permanent Panel does not hold such a qualification please contact Maeve.
Contact Details for Independent Assessors are available from [email protected]
If you are forming a Selection Panel for the appointment of a Principal please contact Maeve Mahon at [email protected] or 087-2373336
Special Needs Assistants
SUPPLEMENTARY REDEPLOYMENT PANEL 2020-2021
The Supplementary Redeployment Panel is now in operation. All schools and teachers on the Panel are updated regularly by the Panel Operator and will be notified when the Panel finally clears. Any queries about the Panel should be directed to [email protected]
There are a number of questions regarding vetting in schools, the following guidelines aim to answer some of those questions. This is the most up-to-date information we have to our disposal.
SCHOOLS VETTING FORMS
Applications cannot be processed without the relevant ID and address verification – please use the checklist to make sure you application is completed correctly.
Vetting may be carried out for 16-18 year olds with parental consent.
PRIMARY EDUCATION NEWSLETTERS
THERE’S A PROCEDURE FOR:
Parental Complaints: INTO/CPSMA Complaints Procedure Guidelines for Primary Schools
Workplace Bullying and Harrassment
- Working Together – Procedures and Policies for Positive Staff Relations
Document to address staff relation difficulties, adult bullying and harassment and grievance procedures
Staff Relation Issues:
- WorkingTogether – Procedures and Policies for Positive Staff Relations
- Circular 072/2011 Grievance & Disciplinary Procedures SNA’s
- Other Employees: Statutory Instrument 146/2000 http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2000/si/146/made/en/print
Professional Competency & Disciplinary Teachers & Principals
- Circular 0049/2018 – Revised procedures in relation to professional competence issues and general disciplinary matters