The Diocese of Kildare & Leighlin are seeking to recruit a
to work in our Diocesan Offices based in Bishop’s House in Carlow Town.
The Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin has a total of 56 parishes spread throughout all of County Carlow as well as parts of counties Kilkenny, Kildare, Offaly, Laois, Wexford and Wicklow. The Diocesan Offices at Bishop’s House are the administrative arm of the diocese and receive correspondence and queries from all parishes as well as members of the public. Our aim is to provide the smooth and efficient operation of our diocese through exceptional administration. As a secretarial assistant you will support the Bishop and other staff in Bishop’s House through a variety of tasks related to administration, organisation and communication.
Secretarial assistant duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with administrative tasks such as answering and directing phone calls, handling mail and managing emails
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters and forms
- Maintain office files and filing
- Provide exceptional service by addressing enquiries, concerns and requests promptly and professionally
- Build & maintain strong relationships with parishes, clergy, staff and volunteers
- Liaise with staff in other departments and assist when necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Proven administration background in an office environment
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Support and advisory service abilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with church structures and activities
- A high degree of confidentiality will be required at all times
- Part-time, 20 hours per week over 5 days
- 1 year initially, subject to renewal
This post is based in Carlow Town.
How to Apply
Applications must take the form of a letter of application along with a Curriculum Vitae.
These should be emailed to [email protected] or posted to Aisling Brennan, Bishop’s House, Old Dublin Road, Carlow, R93 F6D5.
Shortlisting will apply.
5pm, Friday 8th December.