Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I am pleased to present to you the resources page for the Lenten diocesan wide catechetical programme: Sunday Mass – Digging Deeper, click here to go to our dedicated page!
The need for such a catechesis for people coming to Mass in their parishes each week has been mentioned to me frequently in recent months by both priests and lay people.
Included in the resources you will you will find:
- A poster advertising the Lenten initiative (More posters will be available for local adaptation and will be emailed to parish offices)
- A Lenten Letter from me that can be read at Masses on Sunday, March 10
- Four Homily Scripts for the following four Sundays
- A one-page outline of the key message in each of the homilies
- Five handouts for weekly distribution within the parish, beginning on March 10.
The handouts continue the digging deeper into the Sunday Mass that the homily will have started. They can be printed in colour or black and white and I very much hope that they will be distributed with the parish newsletter. PDF copies of the weekly handouts will also be available on kandle.ie for uploading onto parish social media platforms.
A short video from iCatholic will be uploaded to our KANDLE website each week. This video will share similar content to the homily and handouts in visual form.
The four-night parish programme exploring the Mass, ‘Signposts on Road to Emmaus’ will take place in at least one venue in each of the old seven deanery areas.
Preliminary venues, times and dates are included below.
These resources have been created to respond to a named need and to be user friendly. I hope that through this Lenten journey, they will contribute to the life-long formation of all of us in the Eucharist, the centre of our lives as Christians.
As always, I remind you of the importance of promoting the Trócaire Lenten Campaign during this Penitential season, as you have so generously done so in the past.
Every blessing & thanks,
Venues and dates for ‘Signposts on Road to Emmaus’
|Baltinglass Parish Centre||Tuesday, March 19, 26, April 2 & 9 (7:30-9pm)|
|Wednesday, March 13, 20 27, April 3 (7:30 -9pm)|
|Portlaoise Parish Centre||Tuesday, March 12, 19, 26, April 2( 7:30-9pm)|
|Aras Bhride, (Parish Centre) Kildare Town||Thursday March 21, 28, April 4 & 11 (8 -9:30pm)|
|Cathedral Parish Centre, Carlow||Tuesday, March 19, 26, April 2, 9 (7 -8:30pm)|
|The Arts Centre
|Thursday March 21, 28, April 4 & 11 (8-9:30pm)|
|St Brigid’s Church, Kill||Monday, March 18, 25, April 1 & 8 (After 7:30 Mass)|
A timeline of Resources
- March 10 – Digging Deeper, an Invitiation
- March 17 – We come together to meet the Lord
- March 24 – We come together to listen to God speaking to us
- March 31 – We come together to share in Christ’s Body & Blood
- April 7 – We come together to be sent to bring Christ to the world
- April 15 – We come together as a diocesan family for the Chrism Mass
- April 18-21 – We come together to celebrate the Easter Triduum
Weekly videos will be available here and on icatholic.ie. These short videos will take you through a reflective exploration of our celebration of the Mass, as outlined above.