The Parishes of Naas, Sallins and Two Mile House are served by the one Parish Team. Our pastoral area comprises a population of approximately 31,000 parishioners. Incorporating nine primary schools and five secondary schools. We are currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
Job Title: Youth Pastoral Minister (Full time, Permanent position)
The role has two key areas of accountability: Youth Ministry and Sacramental Coordination:
• Directly supporting and advising the Parish Priest and Parish Team.
• Overseeing the development of Youth and Pastoral programmes and Sacramental coordination.
• Actively promoting and encouraging the involvement of young people in the life of our three parishes.
• Actively promoting the mission and Gospel values of the Parishes in the service of all.
The successful candidate, a practicing Roman Catholic, will:
• Possess strong influencing skills; able to motivate and communicate with staff and volunteers alike.
• Be a self-confident, decisive personality whose interpersonal skills invite participation and engagement through effective communication.
• Be a natural networker with presence, who builds and nurtures relationships, with volunteers and all parishioners.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
• Be educated to degree level in a theological or relevant discipline.
• Be experienced in Youth Ministry and have knowledge of Youth Ministry programmes in a Parish setting.
• Ability in music ministry and leading others in music would be an advantage.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Social Media is desirable.
• Hold a full clean driving licence and have use of a car.
Please see our Website (naasparish.ie) for more detailed job description.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please email your CV and a cover letter (not more than 500 words) outlining your suitability and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 31st July 2020.
Short listing of candidates will apply for the above position.