The Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin invites applications for the part-time position of:
DIOCESAN YOUTH MINISTRY COORDINATOR
The Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin is a Catholic community of 56 parishes living and working together in service of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It has an estimated Catholic population of over 200,000. Its geographical area includes virtually all of County Carlow and parts of Counties Kildare, Offaly, Laois, Kilkenny, Wexford, Wicklow.
The key responsibility of this part-time role is to support youth ministry and faith development in the Diocese, including the coordination of the Pope John Paul II Award Programme. The Youth Ministry Coordinator will also work in partnership with other members of the Kildare and Leighlin Faith Development Services Team, supporting and promoting Diocesan faith initiatives.
Essential qualifications, skills and attributes required for this post:
- Professional qualification to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g., theology, education, pastoral studies, community youth work, etc.)
- Experience of working with young people in schools, parishes or other settings
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office and Social Media
- Ability to self-motivate and self-organise
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- excellent written, IT and oral communication skills
- full driving licence and access to own transport
- flexibility with regard to hours of work and travel
- Be committed to the Catholic faith and ethos of the Diocese, witnessing to Jesus Christ and his Church.
This post is for a two-year contract subject to a six month probationary period.
A detailed job description is available to download below:
Applications to be marked ‘confidential’ and returned, via post, to:
Rev. G. Ahern, P.P.
The Parish Office,
The closing date for applications is Friday, 29th July 2022