Training for Parish Liturgy Groups over Four Sessions
Who is this Course for:
Individual parishes are invited to send an already existing liturgy group or to take this opportunity to begin to establish a liturgy group in the parish. Membership of such a group might include the co-ordinator of Readers, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, the music director /choir leader, someone involved in Art and Environment in the church, parish sacristan or others deemed appropriate for the task and who are able to work as part of a group.
Parish clergy are warmly welcome to come with the parish group for all the sessions, but are particularly asked to come for the final two sessions.
Content of Training will include:
Nights one and Two
- What is the purpose of celebrating liturgy?
- What are the many different elements that make up liturgical celebrations?
- What are the different ministries involved in liturgy?
- How do these elements and these ministries work together to provide rich experiences of liturgy?
NIGHTS THREE AND FOUR
- Getting ready to celebrate the Easter Triduum, the liturgies of Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Vigil: A practical guide for groups.
Time and Venue:
Cathedral Parish Centre, Carlow:
Session 1: Tuesday January 30
Session 2: Tuesday February 6
Session 3: Thursday February 15
Session 4: Thursday Febraury 22
7:30pm – 9:30pm each night
Members of the Diocesan Commission for Liturgical Formation
Bookings: Please note Limited Numbers
Through Christine at Faith Development Service, email@example.com / 059 9164084. Participating parishes are asked to make one booking for the group leaving name of parish, number attending and contact name and number for the group.
To help our preparation and to make sure of enough handouts for participants, bookings must be made on or before Friday, January 26