Delighted to welcome to Bishops House earlier today the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother of Christ who are based in Kildare Town. Their Regional Superior, Sr. Irene Anne (second from the right) was on a ten day visit to the community in Kildare. The Sisters in the community are Sr. Mary Gemma, Sr. Mary Clavia and Sr. Mary Maria Ife. The congregation was founded in 1937 in Nigeria originially for the education of women. Today they work in parishes, in social work, in schools, hospitals and among the homeless. They came to the Diocese in 2005 and their community in Kildare is the only one in Ireland, they came to the Diocese to assist in our ministry to migrants. Eleven years later, that ministry is all the more necessary and essential. Ad multos annos.
Welcome. Use links below to access basic information about our diocese.