DIOCESAN ADVISOR (POST-PRIMARY LEVEL)
The Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin is a Catholic community of 56 parishes living and working together in service of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It has an estimated Catholic population of over 200,000. Its geographical area includes virtually all of County Carlow and parts of Counties Kildare, Offaly, Laois, Kilkenny, Wexford, Wicklow.
The key responsibility of this part-time role is to support work carried out in Religious Education in the Post-Primary schools in the Diocese. The Post-Primary Diocesan Advisor will also work in partnership with other members of the Kildare and Leighlin Faith Development Services Team, supporting and promoting Diocesan faith initiatives.
Essential qualifications, skills and attributes required for this post:
- professional qualification in Religious Education, education, theology or a related discipline
- experience of working with young people in schools, parishes or other settings
- good knowledge of, and familiarity with, current documentation regarding Religious Education in Post-Primary schools
- ability to self-motivate and self-organise
- ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- excellent written, IT and oral communication skills
- full driving licence and access to own transport
- flexibility with regard to hours of work and travel
- experience of working within a school including teaching of Religious Education.
This post is for an initial one-year contract which may be renewed subject to available funding.
Applications to be marked ‘confidential’ and returned, via post, to:
V. Rev. G. Ahern, P.P.
Faith Development Services
The closing date for applications is Friday, 20th March 2020.