Bringing Holy Week Home: a Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday Companion 2020
This year we make our journey of Holy Week in a way like never before.
As a Christian community we cannot gather. However, we can continue to keep Holy Week in our homes. We can offering up our prayer and join in union with the prayer of the Church as we live out these sacred days.
These resources are designed to help people undertake this keeping of Holy Week, bringing it into the heart of our home. They have been prepared by Julie Kavanagh (Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin), Sheena Darcy (Diocese of Elphin) and Bishop Michael Duignan (Diocese of Clonfert), with thanks to Colette Dower for design.
Each of the eight days follows a similar pattern:
– A sentence giving the focus of the day
– A quote from the Gospel of the day Scripture tells us
– A section Deepening your participation in the broadcast celebration: highlighting key points for people joining in the liturgy of the day via digital broadcast, with simple steps to deepen their participation in the prayer of the day
– A Prayer Ritual for the Home Offering another way of people prayerfully entering into the spirit of the day
– To do suggestions of practical actions / activities in tune with the day
Click on the file below that you wish to view to access an individual day or here for the complete set of resources.