Our School Family – National Art Competition
2018 sees Ireland hosting the World Meeting of Families. In order to highlight the importance of our school family, which is one of the themes for Catholic Schools Week 2018 CPSMA would like to invite schools to participate in a national art competition with the theme:
‘Our School Family’
The competition will be divided into three categories:
- Juniors (Infants to 2nd class)
- Seniors (3rd to 6th Class)
- Children with special educational needs.
Individual Prize for each category: €300 JD Sports Voucher
Prize for class/school of winning child: Digital Camera worth €200
Terms and Conditions:
- Ages as at 1st January 2018. Proof of date of birth may be requested by CPSMA.
- The closing date for entries to the CPSMA Art Competition is, Friday 2nd February 2018. This date is final. If your entry is received after this date it will not be submitted to the judges.
- The text of the theme does not have to be illustrated on your artwork. We are looking for your interpretation of the theme through your art.
- Name, address, class and school/other details (where applicable) must be clearly printed on the entry form provided. Any entries bearing incomplete entry forms will not be considered.
- All entry forms and posters must be certified by a teacher/facilitator or parent/guardian as being an unaided and original work of the competitor. All entries must be submitted on A3 (420 x 297mm). (Portrait or Landscape is acceptable)
- The entry can be drawn or painted in pencil, charcoal, pen or ink, felt-tip markers, crayon, pastel, water colours, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage. Prints done from a lino block, wood block or any other method may also be submitted. No computer aided design (CAD) may be entered.
- It should be noted that once artwork is received by CPSMA they become the property of CPSMA and may be reproduced at CPSMA’s discretion and may only be returned at the discretion of CPSMA.
- All entries are accepted as original works, CPSMA is not responsible for any breach of copyright. Entrants may enter the competition only once.
- The decision of the adjudicators is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Please post entries to:
CPSMA Art Competition, New House, St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
Video – Our School Family
To further explore and develop the theme of Our School Family, CPSMA also invite schools to submit a short video to highlight their daily work and interactions on the theme of “Our School Family”.
The videos will be edited together to create a montage of our school families throughout Ireland. The final video will be shared on our website and at the CPSMA AGM. These videos will not form part of the Art Competition.
Some of the themes which you might like to include are:
• Inclusive practice in action
• Daily classroom life
• Playtime at break
• Charity work within the school
• Celebration of religious festivals
• Discussion of school ethos
• Programmes which are run in your school
Please note that for editing purposes, videos must be submitted in either .mp4 or .mpg/mpeg files with the following characteristics:
• Dimensions: 1280×720
• File Format: .mp4 or .mpg
• Quality/Bitrate: High
• Landscape (wide) format
• Audio compression format should be encoded with an AAC or MP3 audio codec
• Data Rate/Bit Rate: At least 3000 kbits/seconds
• Dimensions: 1280×720 (16:9 Aspect Ratio)
• Frame rate: at least 25 fps if possible
Schools must seek parental consent for children to participate in video footage. Submission of video footage to CPSMA implies that schools have sought and obtained parental consent for the participation of all pupils in the video.
Once a video is received by CPSMA, it becomes the property of CPSMA and may be reproduced at CPMSA’s discretion and may only be returned at the discretion of CPSMA. All entries are accepted as original works and CPSMA is not responsible for any breach of copyright.
Videos may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on a USB drive by post to:
CPSMA, New House, St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co. Kildare.