COVID-19 Diocesan Update:
With the Government announcement of 22 December 2020 that Ireland is moving to Level 5 restrictions, the following points apply to religious services:
- Christmas religious services may take place up to and including the 25th December 2020
- With effect from the 26th December 2020 Religious services will move online
- Places of worship are to remain open for private prayer
- With effect from the 24th December 2020 up to 10 mourners can attend
• Up to and including 2nd January 2020, up to 25 guests can attend a wedding ceremony and reception, whether indoors or outdoors
• With effect from 3 January 2020, up to 6 guests are permitted to attend a wedding ceremony and reception, whether indoors or outdoors
We are told these measures will be reviewed on the 12th January 2021.
Christmas is very different this year and the onus of personal responsibility is upon us all. I thank you hugely for the mammoth effort across all our parishes to make Christmas Masses special in our Diocese.
I ask you to remember each other in prayer at this time.
Renewed blessing & thanks,
Wednesday 23 December 2020