COVID-19 Diocesan Update:
The announcement that the entire country is moving to Level 3 of the ‘National Framework for living with COVID-19’ has huge repercussions for our diocese. Briefly I just want to remind you of the following points:
- Masses: No public Masses are allowed in Level 3, all Masses to go online from midnight tonight. All churches are to remain open for private prayer.
- First Communions / Confirmations: I am aware many ceremonies are scheduled for the coming weekends, sadly all ceremonies are to be postponed until a later date.
- Baptisms: Planned baptisms for the coming days or weeks are unfortunately to be deferred until a suitable date can be arranged later.
- Funerals: The maximum that can attend a funeral in Level 3 is 25.
- Marriages: The maximum that can attend a wedding in Level 3 is 25.
I realise this is very hard on all of you, I also think of the children and couples waiting to celebrate huge moments in their lives. I ask you to remember each other in prayer at this time.
Every blessing & thanks,
Tuesday 06 October 2020