Further to a very good discussion at last night’s Council of Priests, we have as of 28th February 2020 received from the HSE guidance in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) which is now attached. I would appreciate if you would review same and take on as much of the relevant suggestions as possible.
In particular the following should be noted:-
- Suspend the sign of peace with immediate effect. A suggested wording at that time might be “Let us pray quietly in our hearts for peace at this time”.
- Holy water fonts should be emptied and not used.
- Holy Communion should be administered into the hand only, advise mass goers of this before communion is distributed. Everyone administering Holy Communion should wash their hands or use alcohol based hand gel before beginning.
- The practice of shaking hands on greeting and departure should be suspended.
- Hand sanitisers should be used at doors where possible.
There is a lot of information in the Guidelines and I would ask that you to endeavour to follow same.
If anyone has any difficulty accessing the link to the Guidelines please contact Bishops House.