Download our financial statement for 2010 and see totals for 2010 collections – including nearly €1 million for Trocaire.
2010 Diocesan Financial Statement
Click on link to download
This statement is circulated to all parishes and displayed in all our churches.
Commentary on Diocesan Financial Statement
- The ordinary income for the Diocese comes from the levy which all our 56 parishes pay annually in proportion to their size and income.
- Like 2009, ordinary Diocesan spending was reduced in 2010. Total spending for 2010 was €848,045, which closely matched our levy income plus our income from the Diocesan lotto.
- In 2010, in addition to the above, €14,132 was spent on child protection services and structures.
- In 2010, our diocesan investments increased in value by €178,883. This welcome increase needs to be set against the greater falls in value in recent years. Overall our investments are still down from past peak valuations.
- The diocesan levy for 2011 is unchanged at €825,700.
- The Diocesan Accounts are prepared and audited by a firm of Chartered Accountants – Harney Nolan, Equity House, Dublin Road, Carlow – and presented to the Diocesan Financial Committee.
Diocesan Collections 2010
The following are the diocesan totals for 2010
Peter’s Pence – €43,827.52
‘Missions’ – €71,897.00
Carlow College – €36,514.00
Eucharistic Congress – €23,762.50
Lenten campaign – €368,694.31
Haiti appeal – €341,432.77
Pakistan appeal – €228,782.63
Total – €938,909.41