On 17 August 2012, Arles Parish held a special farewell for Fr PJ Madden prior to his departure to Naas after three years of service in the Parish of Arles, along with his service in the neighbouring parish of Graiguecullen.
The evening began with a concert which featured local choirs, musicians and dancers.
This video includes includes an edited recording of the farewell address from Fr PJ. following a presentation from the Parish.
K&L Appointments Sept 2012
Monsignor Brendan Byrne, Diocesan Administrator, has announced the following clerical appointments with effect from September 1st 2012.
- Monsignor Brendan Byrne PP, Tullow & Diocesan Administrator to retire as PP, Tullow and continue on as Diocesan Administrator
- V. Rev. Joseph Fleming Adm, Clonegal to be CC, Clonegal
- V. Rev. Francis McNamara PP, Mountmellick to be CC, Mountmellick
- V. Rev. Philip O’Shea PP, Myshall retiring
- V. Rev. Míchéal Murphy, former Rector, Knockbeg College to be PP Mountmellick
- Rev. Andy Leahy CC, Tullow to be PP, Tullow
- Rev. Thomas O’Byrne CC, Emo & Portarlington to be PP, Myshall & Clonegal
- Rev. John Brickley CC, Naas, Sallins & Two Mile House to be PP, Naas, Sallins & Two Mile House
- Rev. Brian Kavanagh CC, Allen to be CC, Graiguecullen & Arles
- Rev. Padraig Shelley, formerly CC, Carlow to be CC, Tullow
- Rev. Joseph O’Neill formerly CC Portlaoise to be CC, Bagenalstown
- Rev. Paddy Byrne CC, Bagenalstown to be CC, Portlaoise
- Rev. Edward Kavanagh CC, Mountmellick to be CC, Allen
- Rev. PJ Madden CC, Graiguecullen & Arles to be CC, Naas
- Rev. Pat Hughes CC, Newbridge to be CC, Emo & Portarlington
- Rev. James O’Reilly SPS CC, Portlaoise recalled to St. Patrick’s Missionary Society, Kiltegan