In honour of St. Patrick’s Day the Bishop Daniel Delany Museum in Tullow will be opened from 12noon to 2pm. Admission is free.

bishop-delany-museum

St Patrick’s Day opening

12 noon – 2pm. Admission free

The Bishop Daniel Delany Museum is located in the Brigidine Convent in Tullow. It was officially opened in May 2008 as part of the 200th anniversary celebrations of the Bridigine Order.

Founder of Brigidine Sisters and Patrician Brothers

In 1807 Bishop Daniel Delany, then Bishop of Kildare & Leighlin founded the Bridigine Order and a year later in 1808 he founded the Patrician Brothers, named in honour of Ireland’s patron saint St. Patrick.

For the past 200 years both Orders have cared for students in schools, both primary and secondary while always being faithful to the vision of Bishop Daniel Delany, who saw education as a pathway to a fuller and better life for all. Both Orders have founded many schools not only in Ireland but also in England, Wales, Australia, New Zealand, America, Ghana, India, Kenya, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Mexico & China. For many years Mount Wolseley was the Patrician Brothers world headquaters.

The main focus of the Museum is a display of artefacts relating to Bishop Daniel Delany and to the work of the Sisters & Brothers. Entrance to the Museum is in the grounds of the Bridigine Convent or through the Church of the Most Holy Rosary.

Bishop Daniel Delany