A case study of All Hallows in the 1940’s and 1950’s, presented by Sighle Breathnach-Lynch will take place on Saturday 17th July at 5pm at All Hallows College, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
Focussing on works by Evie Hone, Sir John Lavery, Albert Power and Leo Whelan among others, with an opportunity to view the works afterwards.
For further information see www.allhallows.ie
All Hallows Maps and Directions
All Hallows College, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Travelling to All Hallows from the Airport
By Taxi –
15/20 minute journey
By Car –
approx 10 mins. Follow the M1, direction city centre, and turn left at Whitehall Church onto Griffith Avenue and take a right hand turn onto Grace Park Road
By Bus – Number 747 Airlink Service
The 747 is called the “Airlink” coach service and is operated by Dublin Bus. It departs from outside the arrivals hall at Dublin Airport and serves Busáras (Central Bus Station), city centre and main Dublin railway stations. Ask the bus driver to let you out at Whitehall, and then walk 10 mins along Griffith Avenue, turning onto Grace Park Road to All Hallows.
How to get to All Hallows College by Car:
From outside Dublin
From south east (N11) use Eastlink, East Wall Road, Clonliffe Road, Drumcondra Road. Turn right at the Whitehall/Griffith Avenue junction and take a right onto Grace Park Road. All Hallows College is approx 1,000m on the right hand side.
From other directions around the country, use the M50 (including Westlink if applicable). Come off the M50 at the Ballymun exit (Junction 4) and drive through Ballymun, driving down the Ballymun Road and then turning left from Ballymun Road onto Griffith Avenue. Proceed down Griffith Avenue through the Drumcondra Road intersection and take a right onto Grace Park Road. All Hallows College is approx. 1,000 metres on the right hand side of the road.
From the City Centre
Follow the airport road which takes you through Drumcondra and turn right at the traffic lights onto Richmond Road. Take the next left onto Grace Park Road. All Hallows is 300 metres up on the left hand side.
Travelling to All Hallows College by Bus:
All Hallows College is serviced by the following routes: 11 | 11A | 11B | 13 | 13A | 16 | 16A | 3 | 33N | 41 | 41A | 41B | 41C | 41N | 46X | 51A | 58X | 746 |
1. Numbers 11 and 11A service the city centre and Kilmacud from Wadelai Park and stops in O’Connell Street. The 11B also services the city centre and Belfield from Wadelai Park.
2. Number 3 runs from Larkhill, through Collins Avenue, Drumcondra Road Upper, City Centre, Ringsend, Sandymount.
3. The 13 and 13A services the city centre and Merrion Square from Poppintree.
4. Number 16A goes from Rathfarnham through Terenure, City Centre (O’Connell Street), Drumcondra, Beaumont, Santry to Dublin Airport.
5. Numbers 41/41A/41B/41C run from Dublin Airport, Santry, Whitehall, City Centre (Eden Quay). Ask the bus driver to let you out at Whitehall, and then walk 10 mins along Griffith Avenue and onto Grace Park Road to All Hallows College.
6. Number 46X run from Leeson Street Lower to Dublin Airport.
7. Number 51A runs from Lower Abbey Street to Drumcondra Road Upper, Collins Avenue, to Beaumont Hospital.
8. Number 58X is an express service running from Shankhill through Donnybrook, O’Connell Street, Drumcondra to Dublin Airport.
9. Number 746 runs from Dun Laoghaire through Donnybrook, O’Connell Street, Drumcondra to Dublin Airport.
10. Numbers 33N and 41N are Nitelink services running from D’Olier Street to Ballbriggan and from D’Olier Street to Swords Manor respectively