Catholic Schools Week 2018 will be the high point of the primary and post-primary school catechetical programme helping us prepare for the World Meeting of Families in August 2018. This programme consists of 4 Moments and is called Catholic Schools: Called to be a Family of Families. Many schools have already participated in Moment 1, Catholic Schools, Families of Hope, during the month of November and we now look forward to Moment 2; ‘Catholic Schools: Families of Faith’
As in previous years, each day of Catholic Schools Week has its own unique theme with associated resources for the following class groupings: Junior and Senior Infants; First and Second Class; Third and Fourth Class and Fifth and Sixth Class.
The daily themes are:
- Monday: Our Family at Home
- Tuesday: Our School Family
- Wednesday: Grandparents: A Special Part of Our Family
- Thursday: Our Parish Family
- Friday: Our World Family
See it all explained in this video – Catholic Schools Week 2018
There is also a flyer, a resource for an Assembly and a resource to help the parish get involved. Tá na hAcmhainní go léir le fail as gaeilge freisin don chéad uair.
Our Catholic Schools are places where family in all its diversity and sacredness is recognised, celebrated and supported in so many ways. Our schools also play an essential role in supporting parents as the first and most important educators of their child. The Catholic Schools Week Steering Committee has developed a number of resources this year to support the journey of preparation for the World Meeting of Families 2018.
All of the Resources are available for download on catholicschools.ie and through our Primary Resources page and Post Primary Resources page.
Primary Resources page contains:
- An outline of the relevant content from the Catholic Preschool and Primary Religious Education Curriculum for Ireland
- Resources for use with the junior classes
- Resources for use with the senior classes
- A Prayer Service of Remembrance that could be used by the school or in the parish.
There is also a resource for a School Assembly. Tá leagan gaeilge ar na h-acmhainní freisin.
Post Primary Resources page contains:
- A general information flyer
- An introduction to each of the four moments to be used throughout the year
- A Board of Management resource
- Junior and Senior Cycle resources for Moment One
Save the Date: January 17, 2018
In preparation for Catholic Schools Week 2018 Bishop Denis is inviting every primary and post-primary school in the diocese to send 5 representatives to the Cathedral of the Assumption, Carlow on Wednesday, January 17 at 12 noon. Further information will soon be available but, for now, please put the date in your diary.