The Bishop Daniel Delany Museum in Tullow will be open from 12noon to 2pm on St Patrick’s Day 2011. Admission is free.
Bishop Delany Museum
Opening Hours for St. Patrick’s Day
In honour of St. Patrick’s Day the Bishop Daniel Delany Museum, located in the grounds of the Brigidine Convent in Tullow, will be opened from 12noon to 2pm and admission is free.
In May of 2008 the Brigidine Order officially launched the Bishop Daniel Delany Museum in their Convent in Tullow as part of their 200th anniversary celebrations. In 1807 Bishop Daniel Delany, then Bishop of Kildare & Leighlin founded the Brigidine Order and a year later in 1808 he founded the Patrician Brothers, named in honour of Ireland’s patron saint St. Patrick.
For the past 200 years both Orders have cared for students in schools, both primary and secondary while always being faithful to the vision of Bishop Daniel Delany, who saw education as a pathway to a fuller and better life for all. Both Orders have founded many schools not only in Ireland but also in England, Wales, Australia, New Zealand, America, Ghana, India, Kenya, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Mexico & China. For many years Mount Wolseley was the Patrician Brothers world headquaters.
The main focus of the Museum is a display of artefacts relating to Bishop Daniel Delany and to the work of the Sisters & Brothers. Entrance to the Museum is in the grounds of the Brigidine Convent or through the Church of the Most Holy Rosary.